OK..learning how to make this incredible dessert – melted chokolate souffle – is a lot easier than it sounds. I was having a party one night and I was thinking of something special to serve at the end and this came to my mind. The great thing about it is that it takes only 20 min to prepare…12 min to bake…a great flavour…and it’s perfect for a dessert after dinner as it has a piece of coffee added. And the most important – it is so easy to prepare that there is no way for you to mess it up. Anyway I’ll give you some tips after all.
All you need for a souffle for 6:
175 gr unsalted butter and some morefor greasing
Cacao for powdering
175 gr fine natural chokolate
200 gr brown sugar
50 ml black coffee ( I used espresso )
85 gr all purpose flour
Vanilla ice cream
1. Heat the oven to 200°C. Use a brush to grease with butter 6 small souffle cups. They need to be greased very well. Put them in the fridge until the butter becomes solid. Grease them one more time, powder them with cacao and leave aside.
2. Melt the butter and the chocolate on a water-bath. In another bowl beat the sugar along with the eggs to a fluffy mixture. Add the chocolate, beat one more time, add the espresso and after that the flour. Beat well.
3. Pour the mixture into the cups. Put them in the oven and bake exactly 12 mins – not less, not more.
4. Serve the souffle with Vanilla ice cream.
– The greasing of the cups is very important. The more the butter is the better the effect is
– The secret of the liquid inside of the souffle is the baking time. It should be baked for exactly 12 minutes.
– The other great thing is that you can make it some hours/days before the event and put it in the fridge or even in the freezer.
– You can choose other flavours except coffee. It can be done by several drops of rum, or cinnamon or even red hot chilli pepper.
I can give another suggestion – when you serve it with an ice cream, break the upper surface and put a spoon of ice cream in the middle to mix with the chocolate. Trust me! Isn’t this one of most beautiful things ?!:)